This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when:
- providing services to you
- you use “our Website”
- performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our business, as described in further detail below
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
What information do we collect?
In the course of providing services to you, we will collect or obtain personal data about you. We may also collect personal data from you when you use our Website.
We may collect or obtain such data because you give it to us (for example in a form on our Website) or because it is publicly available.
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include:
- your name;
- date of birth;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- home address;
- country of residence;
- lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes);
- family circumstances (for example, your marital status and dependents);
- employment and education details (for example, the organization you work for, your job title and your education details);
- your postings on any blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications and services that we provide; your IP address;
- your browser type and language;
- your access times;
- complaint details;
- details of how you use our products and services;
- details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.
The personal data we collect may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your:
- dietary requirements;
- health (for example, so that we can make reasonable accommodations for you in our services)
The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the services that we provide to you, or how you use our Website. In some rare circumstances, we might also gather other special categories of personal data about you because you volunteer that data to us or we are required to gather that data as a result of legal requirements imposed on us.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our Website and services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
How do we use your information?
We will use your personal data to provide you with the requested services. As part of this, we may also use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the services.
Use of personal information for other activities that form part of the operation of our business:
We may also use your personal data for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements;
- requests and communications from competent authorities;
- administrative purposes;
- financial accounting and invoicing purposes.
- client relationship purposes, which may involve:
(i) sending you thought leadership or details of our products and services that we think might be of interest to you;
(ii) contacting you to receive feedback on services;
(iii) contacting you for other market or research purposes.
In all above cases, we give you the opportunity to decline our offers and requests at any time. In specific cases if needed, for example in case you are not yet a client, we will make sure to obtain your prior consent before sending you communications’ materials or other marketing requests.
- business development purposes: for example, reviews.
Use of personal information collected via our Website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business above, we may also use your personal data collected via our Website:
- to manage and improve our Website;
- to tailor the content of our Website to provide you with a more personalised experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We are required by law to set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal data.
As a result, we use your personal data for the purposes outlined above because:
(a) of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to;
(b) the information is required in order to provide our services to you;
(c) of our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our services to you;
(d) of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests;
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either:
(i) you have given us your explicit consent to process that data;
(ii) we are required by law to process that data
(iii) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
(iv) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(v) you have made the data public.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with certain marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials where we have obtained such consent from you.
If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you can click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication.
Who do we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How do we use information about you?” section above, we may disclose details about you to:
- third parties that provide services to us;
- competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us).
Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may also need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, a regulator or during legal proceedings.
Protection of your personal information
We use a range of physical and electronic measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- technological security measures, including firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
How long do we keep your information?
We will hold your personal data on our systems as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data;
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us;
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please email email@example.com or write to us at the address below:
Duivenstraat 60, 3052 Blanden.
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us as indicated above.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.